February 18, 2014 – Behind PASS’s reputation for delivering incredible technical content stands dedicated Program Committee teams. PASS Programs encompasses PASS’s largest volunteer group – typically 60 or more team members involved in reviewing and selecting speakers and sessions for PASS Summit and the PASS Business Analytics Conference, building guidelines and resources for creating top presentations, ensuring all PowerPoint slide decks meet the highest standards, and working to improve processes for developing and evaluating speakers and encouraging participation in all PASS speaking opportunities, including at local and Virtual Chapter meetings, SQLSaturday and SQLRally events, and 24 Hours of PASS.
PASS Programs are always in the spotlight, but especially so this time of year as we gear up for an exceptional lineup of speakers and sessions at the 2nd annual PASS BA Conference in May and launch the PASS Summit 2014 Call for Speakers this week. And we’re looking even farther ahead by putting forward the following goals for fiscal year 2015 (FY2015), which begins July 1, 2014:
- Execute a robust and diverse educational program: Deliver 160,900+ technical training hours across PASS Summit 2014 and PASS BA Conference 2015, reduce by 20% the number of poorly rated sessions, and provide better attendee guidance through role- and skill-based learning tracks.
- Improve Program metrics and data collection: Increase session evaluation submissions by 15%, and work on ways to improve session room allocations.
- Innovate with technology: Enhance Orator functionality to improve Program processes and session scheduling, and scope out a centralized portal for global speaker and session information across PASS.
- Grow global speaker pool: Enhance speaker resources and communication channels to involve and develop speakers in communities around the world, and improve speaker guidance by sharing focused feedback during call for speakers and through session evaluation results.
- Improve and standardize Program processes and agreements: Blueprint the BA Conference Program process, attract more Program Committee volunteers, and engage volunteers in special projects for improving processes and results.
As I begin my term on PASS Board of Directors, I’m honored and humbled to lead the team responsible for organizing world-class educational programs that equip SQL Server, Business Intelligence, and Business Analytics professionals for today’s fast-changing world of data. Don’t hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with other ideas for strengthening our content offerings and supporting and growing our awesome speaker pool.
– Amy Lewis
Program Director, PASS Board
Currently rated by 3 people