Is the SQL Community your life? Ready to take the next step and put your PASSion to work? PASS is looking for a new Community Evangelist to join Karla Landrum and the PASS HQ Team. Applications are open now. Read on to learn what it takes to be a stellar community evangelist.
With a global membership of more than 100,000 and growing, the Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) is the world’s largest SQL Server community. Our goal is to help educate and connect SQL Server users around the world through local and virtual chapters; free online events; and local and regional events including PASS SQLSaturday and the annual PASS Summit.
In 2011 our first Community Evangelist joined PASS to support the community by engaging with chapter leaders, event organizers, speakers, sponsors, and members on a daily basis. The community’s response has been tremendously positive – and we’re ready to add another Evangelist to the team.
What a Community Evangelist Does for PASS
Acting as ambassadors for the organization and advocates for the community, our Evangelists play a key role in helping PASS do great things. Working as a fulltime consultant/contractor under the direction of the PASS HQ management team, here’s an idea of what you can expect to do:
- Mentor chapter leaders to help build and sustain their user groups
- Coach chapter leaders to host a PASS SQLSaturday in their city
- Look for opportunities to establish new chapters and recruit new chapter leaders
- Represent PASS in person at one chapter meeting or SQLSaturday per month (including international events)
- Build and enhance an active network of regional mentors, encouraging them to be active PASS ambassadors at events and user group meetings
- As part of the PASS HQ team, help execute successful community programs at events like PASS Summit
- Work with the larger PASS team (HQ and the Board) to execute the organization’s strategic vision
- Blog and tweet regularly about community experiences
What PASS Does for a Community Evangelist
Being an evangelist is incredibly fulfilling both personally and professionally. What can you expect as a PASS Community Evangelist?
- Grow your network while meeting SQL Server professionals from all walks of life
- Visit new places around the world while travelling on behalf of PASS
- Keep your finger on the pulse of Microsoft technologies while attending events as a representative of PASS
- Connect with community members from across the world while working from the comfort of your own home
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about the Microsoft SQL Server technologies and can help us grow the PASS global community. Our ideal person is friendly, outgoing, self-motivated and an active volunteer in the SQL Server community. You don’t mind talking with people (sometimes for many hours a day!) and you enjoy sharing your community experiences through blogging and social media. You don’t need technical expertise in SQL Server but you do need to be familiar with the technologies at a high level.
You can be sitting anywhere in the world, but you will need to be available during a portion of the North American workday. As a global organization that needs to communicate with people around the world, PASS wishes to accommodate 24 hour availability in the near future – filling this position is a first step in accomplishing this goal. Since the position is located remotely, we are looking for someone who exhibits strong self-management traits, has good administrative skills and is well organized. Fluency in a language other than English is also a bonus.
Travel is part of the job so expect to fly, and because many of our events take place on weekends you’ll be required to work on Saturdays from time to time.
If you’re excited at the thought of being a Community Evangelist for PASS we’d like to hear from you!
To apply, please send:
- Your resume and cover letter.
- Include links to your blog, Twitter, etc.
Send all materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm EDT on Friday Aug 3