All posts tagged 'Volunteers'
Check out all of the posts tagged with 'Volunteers' below. If you still can't find what you are looking for, try using the search box.
Posted @ 7/20/2010 2:53 PM By Douglas McDowell
If forums are your game - then please send me your name!
We are actively searching for volunteers for the following:
1. Two (2) main moderators who assist the administrator on the Summit forums; they will also help “seed” boards by starting topics, asking questions, and engaging posters [estimated time about 15-30 minutes daily; avg = 2.5 hrs/week]
2. Two (2) “seeders” whose main job is to start topics and engage posters on a regular basis to keep conversation flowing on the Summit forums.[estimated time about 15 minutes daily; avg = 2 hrs/week]
This is a great way to get involved and gauge the pulse of the Summit. If you are interested, please send me an email at email@example.com (submission deadline is July 30, 2010)
Thanks in advance!
Nancy Nasso, Community Coordinator
Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) Headquarters
Phone: 604.899.6269 I Fax: 604.899.1269 I Email: firstname.lastname@example.org I http://www.sqlpass.org
Posted @ 4/30/2010 2:01 PM By Blythe
PASS is looking for a few great, excitable people to join the ranks of our volunteers. We have three Virtual Chapters starting up and would love your energy in helping us make them a success. The positions available are as follows:
Performance Virtual Chapter
• Speaker Coordinator - reach out to potential speakers, schedule Live Meetings, and be a part of the leadership team
• Web Content Guru - navigate the DNN site, update the webpage, and aggregate performance-related content
• Marketing Coordinator - post meetings on the Events tab of sqlpass.org, push the sessions out on all virtual chapter channels, and get the PASS community excited about Performance Virtual Chapter events
SQL Azure Virtual Chapter
• Virtual Chapter Leader - work directly with Microsoft leads to get this group off the ground, connect with speakers, and bring a lot of energy to the PASS community. Preferably this person will be at TechEd where the Virtual Chapter is launching, although it’s not a requirement
• Marketing Coordinator - work with PASS and the SQL Azure team at Microsoft to develop swag, push messaging out, and get the community excited about sessions
• Content Coordinator - aggregate SQL Azure specific links, post meeting information, and facilitate conversation between users
SQL Server and Oracle Virtual Chapter
• Virtual Chapter Leader - work directly with Oracle and SQL Server experts at Microsoft to get this group off the ground, connect with Microsoft and community speakers
• Marketing Coordinator - work with PASS and the Microsoft leads to develop swag, push messaging out, and get the community excited about sessions
• Content Coordinator - aggregate specific links, post meeting information, and facilitate conversation between users
If you are passionate about the PASS community and have a background in the aforementioned areas of technologies, please send through your interest to VirtualChapters@sqlpass.org with the subject line “Virtual Chapter Volunteer Opportunity” and answer the following questions in the body of the email
Virtual Chapter name and position:
Why would you like to serve as a PASS volunteer?
What makes you great for this position?
Please describe your previous involvement with PASS
Tell me one random and humorous thing about yourself