Congratulations to the following Outstanding Volunteers, and thanks for all you do for PASS and the SQL Server community.
Know someone in the PASS community who deserves special recognition for their volunteering efforts? Nominate your favorite volunteer for "Outstanding Volunteer of the Month." Simply provide the volunteer's contact details, years in the community, a list of their volunteer accomplishments, and why you think they should be recognized.
- Joe Fleming - Hard working and dedicated, Joe has been a Chapter Leader for many years as well as having been a Regional Mentor in the past. After volunteering at a SQLSaturday event, he decided to bring SQLSaturdays to Detroit. He has now overseen two successful SQLSaturday events in Detroit, working behind-the-scenes from planning through to execution.
- Raul Campos Rosas - Raul has been a pillar of support for the SQL User Group Ica as well as SQL PASS Peru. He has helped with logistics, publishing events, and design by creating a new logo for SQL PASS Peru. Through his help and support, SQL User Group Ica and SQL PASS Peru hosted a combined event around SQL Server 2014 and saw over 100 participants. Raul has dedicated much to his chapter, and encouraging young people to join and actively participate in the Chapter events.
- Melissa Connors - Melissa is a vibrant and hardworking contributor to the PASS community. She goes out of her way to support the community, as well as being very engaged via Twitter @melikanokaoi. She founded and manages the Portland Maine PASS User Group and did a fantastic job recently oorganizing the first ever Maine SQLSaturday.
- Jose R Guzman - Immediately after his first meeting with his local chapter, Puerto Rico PASS, Jose felt motivated and inspired to contribute to the community. Most recently, Jose put in an enormous effort as a volunteer for SQL Saturday Puerto Rico 2014 and was able to make the entire registration process seamless and problem-free.
- Louis Davidson - Louis has been an integral part of the SQL community with many contributions as a SQL Saturday speaker, author and blogger. However, it is his contributions on the AppDev Abstract Review Team that resulted in the nomination for Outstanding Volunteer. Louis was very thorough in his assessments and went above and beyond in providing his very significant and useful feedback to submitters, enabling them to improve the quality of their submissions.
- Bradley Ball - Bradley Ball, aka SQLBalls, is very involved in the SQL Server community. He is active in his local SSUG in Orlando FL, MagicPASS, and has been part of the planning committee for SQL Saturday Orlando for the last 3 years, and has spoken or volunteered at many SQL Saturday’s, some of which involving grueling cross-country travel. Brad actively blogs, is a past member of the Nomcom, and has been known to participate in virtual chapters, #SQLHelp, and other SQL Server forums.
- Tony Sebion - Tony began his PASS volunteering history as Director of Technology of the MADPASS chapter, where he took the speaker and attendee experience to a new level with live-streaming and answering real-time questions. Tony is now the President of the Chapter which has flourished under his leadership and direction. Tony has also assisted other Wisconsin Chapters with the same great technological support that he has provided MADPASS for these past years.
- Windy Martin - Windy’s tremendous dedication and effort has resulted in the founding of the first local Women in Technology Chapter. She is furthermore an integral part of the Denver SQL Server Group, serving as treasurer. And, to top it all off, Windy has helped organize and run the last two Denver SQL Saturdays.
- Julie Bloomquist - Julie has been at the helm of the very successful St. Louis SQL Server User Group. In addition to her work with the St. Louis SQL Server User Group, Julie is also a facilitator/moderator for the DBA Virtual Chapter.
- Andrey Korshikov - Andrey Korshikov has been a pillar in the SQL Community in Russia and abroad. Andrey not only dedicates his time to being a Chapter Leader and Regional Mentor, but has also found time to help with SQL Saturdays. Most recently, Andrey organized a highly successful 24 Hours of PASS: Russian, an event that doubled attendance from the previous year. There is no doubt that Andrey is an integral part of the PASS worldwide. We are honored to have him in our community.
- Glenn Burnett - Glenn has wholeheartedly embraced his new board member role with the Sacramento SQL Server User Group by taking the lead on revamping the website and keeping everyone up to date on the groups’ news and events. Glenn was a huge help in helping organize the group’s SQL Saturday event and has continued to demonstrated the same leadership and heart in all that he does. The Sacramento SSUG is very thankful for Glenn’s contributions and look forward to making big leaps with his continued assistance.
- Joshua Fennessy - Josh is a well-respected PASS Regional Mentor, leading the West MI SQL Server User Group. He is also the primary organizer of the Kalamazoo SQLSaturday and is a regular speaker at various PASS events and Virtual Chapter meetings. A long-time community member, Josh is also known for his genuine, good-natured spirit and an "AlwaysOn" willingness to help.
- Lance Harra - An integral part of the PASS Program Committee, Lance has served as a Program Manager for PASS Summit 2013 and PASS BA Conference 2014, demonstrating an invaluable attention to detail and a results-oriented approach. He has also provided insightful leadership and implemented many thoughtful and important changes as part of the Project Management team.
- Steve Wake - Steve is Chapter Leader for the Denver SQL Server User Group, which has seen significant and steady growth, and was instrumental in organizing a highly successful SQLSaturday, which boasted over 250 attendees. Steve is known for being very responsive, organized, and thoughtful in all his community interactions.
- Bill Preachuk - Bill has been instrumental in organizing PASS SQLSaturday Minnesota over the past several years and is one of the key reasons SQLSaturday events in the area have been so successful. He also consistently supports the PASS Minnesota Chapter as a Board member and volunteer.
- Dan Hess - Dan has been described as the glue of the Sacremento SQL Server User Group. He took the lead in planning the first-ever SQLSaturday in Sacramento, which was flawless. He also put together study groups for the user group to help members achieve their goals of becoming certified in SQL Server.
- John Morehouse - John is the co-leader of the Omaha SQL/BI User Group and the primary coordinator of both SQLSaturday events in Omaha. At the last SQLSaturday, one of the speakers commented how well the event was administered. This is solely due to John's involvement in making sure every detail was taken care of and accounted for well in advance of the event. John works tirelessly to ensure that content for the user group meetings is fresh and relevant. Attendance is consistently high, and the giveaways are great.
- Mark Stacey - Over the past few years, Mark has volunteered a lot of time to speaking at SQLSaturday events. He started the PASS Chapter BIDN in his home country of South Africa and has been organizing a SQLSaturday in Johannesburg.
- Julie Koesmarno - Julie is an active member of the PASS BI Virtual Chapter, helping find speakers and secure sessions. This can be a very time-consuming task, yet she has done a great job, and her enthusiasm has been inspirational. Julie started the SQLMalibu PASS Chapter this year and has volunteered at PASS SQLSaturday events in Southern California.
- John Flannery - John is the leader of the Hartford SQL Server User Group. Before this year, there had been no SQLSaturday event in Connecticut. But John organized a very successful SQLSaturday in North Haven, and the local SQL Server community is profoundly grateful for his efforts.
- Jody Roberts - Jody is a Chapter Leader and a Regional Mentor for Africa. He has been instrumental in helping develop several Chapters across Africa and the Middle East and in organizing their SQLSaturday events.
- Melissa Demcsak - Melissa is one of the Program Managers for the PASS Business Analytics Conference 2013. She has devoted many hours to assessing and reviewing speakers' abstracts. She is also the Chair of the PASS Business Analytics Virtual Chapter. Melissa is a pleasure to work with and a dedicated leader in the SQL Server community.
- Mike Clark - Mike volunteers for the PASS DBA Virtual Chapter and, often under short notice, prepares its online events. He is always on time, prepared, and pleasant when interacting with participants and presenters. He is an excellent host and explains a lot about what PASS does and directs attendees to upcoming events. He is an enthusiastic cheerleader for PASS.
- Andrey Korshikov - Andrey organized 24 Hours of PASS: Russian Edition and the first PASS SQLSaturday events to take place in Russia and the Ukraine. He is a Chapter Leader and Regional Mentor for Eastern Europe.
- Mark Broadbent - Mark hosted the UK's first-ever SQLSaturday (in Cambridge) and has officially represented and promoted PASS at many conferences, including as TechED Europe, SQLSaturday events in Dublin, New York, and Portland. He is a Chapter Leader, PASS UK Regional Mentor, speaker, and community devotee.
- Sarah Strate - Sarah has volunteered at many SQLSaturday events, including Colorado Springs, Atlanta, Chicago, Kalamazoo, and Minnesota. She is part of the team putting together the first SQLSaturday in Fargo, ND, in 2013. Sarah has also volunteered at the 2011 and 2012 PASS Summits.
- Roger Noble - Roger has been a great help expanding the PASS DW/BI Virtual Chapter to Australia. He has lined up top Australian speakers each month and has improved the PASS DW/BI VC website with a new map graphic and link that lets attendees easily determine the time of the session in their time zone.
- Jen Stirrup - Jen is an avid champion of PASS and Women in Technology at events throughout Europe, the UK, and the US.
- Niko Neugebauer – Niko has been a Regional Mentor for PASS for several years, has hosted two SQLSaturday events in Portugal, and most recently represented PASS and was a speaker at the first SQLSaturday in Shanghai. Niko plans to continue mentoring and supporting the Chinese SQL Server community.
- Bill Lescher - Bill steps down from 10 years as the President of the Chicago SQL Server User Group in June 2012. His dedication to PASS and the user group has been consistently amazing.
- David Stein - David was a volunteer for SQLRally and went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure the success of the event, even traveling from room to room throughout the sessions making sure the other speakers had everything they needed.
- Ryan Adams - Ryan started off as an attendee at North Texas SQL Server User Group meetings and has quickly grown to the ranks of a leader in the regional SQL Server community. Deeply involved in user group events, he has helped organize many SQLSaturday events and a SQLRally, with another SQLSaturday just a few months away.
- Jes Borland - Architect and committee chair for SQLSaturday #118, her vision and dedication made the first SQLSaturday in Wisconsin not only possible, but a huge success.
- Ross LoForte - Ross ran the Chicago SQL Server User Group in the late '90s, before moving away for a couple of years. In June 2002, he helped re-launch the group and has helped keep it going for the past decade. You would be hard pressed to find a more giving person with such a great, positive attitude.
- Sri Sridharan - SQLRally was a great event this year, and Sri put in many hours to make it happen.
- Gina Meronek - Gina is an active member of the MADPASS PASS Chapter and this year volunteered to help run SQLSaturday #118. She’s always willing to help, with a smile on her face.
- Alvin Ramard - In his work with the Memphis PASS Chapter, Alvin does a great job of getting speakers, facilitating meetings, and communicating to potential attendees. He really puts in a lot of time to make sure the local chapter is a success.
- Ted Krueger - As the North Central PASS Regional Mentor, Ted assists 10 Chapters with meetings, speakers, and advice. He is also a frequent speaker at user group meetings, a three-time SQLSaturday organizer, and frequent blogger.
- Amy Lewis - Amy works tirelessly to promote PASS through the Arizona SQL Server User Group and the PASS BI Virtual Chapter. She worked on the Phoenix SQLSaturday #131 event and has been a manager of the PASS BA Conference and PASS Summit Program selection committee.
- Tim Radney - Tim is a Regional Mentor for the Greater South East, a Chapter Leader for Columbus, GA, and is part of the organizing committee for the inaugural SQLSaturday #167. Tim was also recognized as an Outstanding Volunteer at PASS Summit 2011.
- Erin Welker - Erin is the Secretary and Past President of the North Texas SQL Server User Group, having run the NTSSUG for over a decade. Erin led the Program Committee for SQLRally Dallas in May 2012.