SQL Server 2014 Mission Critical
March 18, 2014 – Running SQL Server 2014 – with built-in in-memory technology to speed up transactions, queries, and analytics – on Windows Server 2012 R2 can provide key capabilities for your mission-critical applications.
- Breakthrough performance with in-memory built in.
- SQL Server 2014 has in-memory technology built in to the data platform that can significantly speed transactions, queries, and analytics.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 can provide massive compute and memory in both physical and virtual environments so you can take full advantage of SQL Server in-memory technology. Windows Server 2012 R2 provides 640LPs with up to 4TB of memory in a physical environment and 64vCPUs and up to 1TB of memory per VM in a virtual environment.
- SQL Server 2014 provides the 9’s of availability you need with AlwaysOn.
- SQL Server 2014 AlwaysOn technology can provide synchronous replication for zero transaction loss and asynchronous replication for disaster recovery solutions. You can now have up to eight readable secondaries and the option to place the secondaries in Azure Virtual Machines for fast and cost-effective cloud disaster recovery.
- For SQL Server instances running in a physical environment, you can use Windows Server 2012 R2 Failover Clustering to provide server-level high availability and disaster recovery. If you are running SQL Server instances in a virtual environment, you can use Windows Server 2012 R2 Failover Clustering and Windows Azure Hyper-V Recovery Manager to provide both local and geographical business continuity and disaster recovery.
- SQL Server is the least vulnerable database the last 5 years in a row*.
- Least vulnerable means the least number of security patches you have to implement, which means less downtime.
- SQL Server offers Premier Mission Critical support for your most critical database applications.
- Get solution validation, architectural reviews, on-site engineering, and fastest response times available from Microsoft with Premier Mission Critical support.
Download this datasheet to learn more about SQL Server 2014’s mission-critical features.
* National Institute of Standards and Technology Comprehensive Vulnerability Test Database, 4/17/2013.