2014 PASS Board of Directors Elections Extended
If you haven't already, please update your PASS profile by October 5 to vote in the elections
The PASS Board of Directors has ratified the official slate of candidates for three seats up for election in the 2014 Board elections: one US/Canada seat and two open seats with no regional restrictions. The candidates for the 2015/2016 term, listed in order of their Nomination Committee ranking, are:
To review the process for awarding seats, please see the elections overview.
To address issues around voting eligibility for the current PASS Board of Director elections, the PASS Board has extended the deadline to update your profile and vote in this year’s Board elections to ensure that as many members as possible have the ability to cast their ballot. Here are the key dates in the extension:
- October 5: Extended deadline for all PASS members who had a profile as of June 1, 2014, to update their myProfile on myPASS to be eligible to vote.
- October 6: We will pull an updated list of registered voters and filter for duplicates.
- October 7: We will send all newly registered voters an email with their ballot link.
- October 14: All voting will close at noon PDT.
How does this decision affect you?
If you already voted, you don’t need to do anything. All votes currently cast will remain valid; there will be no need to recast any votes.
If you already received a ballot but haven’t voted yet, you can cast your ballot any time until voting closes October 14 at noon PDT.
If you established your PASS profile after June 1, 2014, you are not eligible to vote in the current elections, but you are already eligible to vote in next year’s elections.
If you had a profile prior to June 1, 2014, but have not yet updated it, please follow these steps to update your profile and become eligible to vote in this year’s elections:
If you update your profile by October 5, 2014, you will receive a ballot on October 7, 2014.
- Update your PASS membership profile by October 5, 2014, at 11:59pm PDT. New mandatory fields were added in January 2014. Please log in to confirm your PASS profile information is correct and fill out the new mandatory fields, including: Job Function, Industry, Country, Region, City, and Zip Code/Postal Code.
- Click ‘Save’ and make sure you see the words ‘Profile Updated and Voting Eligibility Recorded’ appear under the ‘Save’ button.
Thanks for your patience and feedback as we work through these voting changes, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
To help PASS communicate important news and reminders, and in order to receive future voting ballots, please take the following steps to ensure our messages can reach you:
- Make sure the PASS IP address is whitelisted on your company or email address provider’s servers: 184.108.40.206.
- Add email@example.com to your safe sender list and as a contact.
- Check spam folders regularly for important messages.
- If you believe that you are not receiving PASS emails, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!