Lori Edwards Wins PASSion Award
Outstanding Volunteers Recognized for Dedication to PASS and SQL Server Community
SEATTLE, WA – October 13, 2011 – The Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) today presented its most prestigious award to volunteer Lori Edwards during the PASSion Awards ceremony at PASS Summit 2011 in Seattle.
The PASSion Award is presented annually to a volunteer who demonstrates exemplary service and commitment to the PASS organization by inspiring the community to collaborate, learn, and grow through knowledge sharing and peer-based learning. PASSion award recipients are nominated by their fellow PASS members and selected by the Board of Directors.
Lori (twitter) has been an active PASS volunteer for 3 years and served as Program Director Allen Kinsel’s “right hand” on the Program Committee this year. She kept projects on track and on time, coordinating some 70 volunteers working on abstract and PowerPoint reviews, proofing, session scheduling, and more. Last year, she was instrumental in organizing the nearly 200 PASS Summit 2010 technical sessions, worked on the speaker scorecard, and served on the 2010 Elections Review Committee.
In nominating her for the PASSion Award, fellow volunteers shared the following:
- “She is organized, a good decision maker, and does her best to accommodate everyone.”
- “Lori is incredibly hard working and is consistently a reliable resource – a real pleasure to work with.”
- “She served as Chair of the Program Committee and worked on the Elections Review Committee. Both of these jobs are individually among the highest level of volunteerism PASS has; to have a single volunteer execute on participating in both with great success is an achievement sure worth recognizing.”
PASS also recognized two outstanding volunteers for their contributions over the past year:
- Jack Corbett (blog | twitter), for his work on PASS SQLRally 2011 Orlando, this year’s Nomination Committee, and the 2010 PASS Program Committee, as well as leading SQLSaturday Orlando #49 and the OPASS Chapter for 2 years.
- Tim Radney (blog | twitter) – recently appointed Regional Mentor for the US - South Central region and formerly an RM for the Greater Southeast – for leading the Columbus, GA, SQL Server Users Group to a 50% increase in attendance, organizing SQLSaturday #89, and supporting SQLSaturdays as a speaker.
Congratulations to Lori, Jack, and Tim, and thank you for your service to PASS and the SQL Server community! For more information about PASS and the PASSion Award, see www.sqlpass.org.
The Professional Association for SQL Server (PASS) is an independent, not-for-profit association dedicated to supporting, educating, and promoting the Microsoft SQL Server community. From local user groups, virtual chapters, and 24 Hours of PASS to PASS SQLSaturdays, PASS SQLRally, and the annual PASS Summit—the largest gathering of SQL Server professionals in the world—PASS enables knowledge sharing, in-depth learning, access to the Microsoft SQL Server team, and the ability to influence the direction of SQL Server technologies. The PASS mission is to empower the global SQL Server community to connect, share, and learn. For more information about PASS and the benefits of free membership, visit the PASS Web site at www.sqlpass.org.
All brand names, product names, and trademarks belong to their respective holders.